Chocolate and Coconut Protein Pancakes.
To an average individual, pancakes are an indulgent treat to be enjoyed every now and again, maybe on pancake day, or as delectable brunch dish. But to us fitness fanatics, a giant protein pancake stack is a perfectly acceptable breakfast staple. Not to mention, how aesthetically pleasing they are to create and upload to Insta.
They key to perfecting your pancake stack is to use a super non-stick pan and coconut oil. Using coconut oil allows you to easily flip the pancakes so you don’t end up with a burned pancake bottom, raw top and an un cleanable pan.
The base is only the start of your pancake affair. Your topping choices are as equally important and should be chosen v. wisely. After all, those are the pretty bits.
What you’ll find below is my go-to protein pancake recipe and some of my fave topping options. All to be enjoyed totally guilt free!
1 (These are not meant for sharing).
- 50-80g* MyProtein Pancake Mix (Chocolate is my absolute fave)
- 100-180ml water or milk – (depending on how many g’s of protein mix )
- 1 tsp of Vita Coco coconut oil
*50g is the recommended serving size, but I almost always go for 80g.
Macros per serving.
294 kcal/ 54g P/ 12g C/ 5g F *
*Based on 80g serving made with water (excluding toppings).
- In a protein shaker or Nutri-Bullet, combine pancake mix and water and blend/ shake until it resembles a batter.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat and add the coconut oil.
- Once the oil is hot, reduce to a medium heat and pour a small amount of the batter into the pan. Depedning on the size of your pan, you might be able to do a couple at a time as they should be relatively little.
- Wait until the mixture starts to bubble, then use a spatula to flip your pancakes.
- As each pancake comes off the pan, place it onto your plate and get stacking!
- Add your desired toppings, take approximately 67 pictures for IG.
- Sugar free syrup (MyProtein or Bulk Powders)
- Frozen fruit
- Freeze-dried pineapple pieces (5th Season is a NEW PERSONAL FAVE!)
- Peanut butter (Pip & Nut obvs)
- Choc Shot (Sweet Freedom)
Give these super easy, delicious and protein packed pancakes a go, and if you do make any of the other recipes featured, post and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to be able to see some of my creations appear elsewhere!