Every time I make granola from scratch I wonder why I don’t do it more often. It’s so quick and easy to make; the flavours are so interchangeable and you get to be in-charge of what goes into it.
No additives or preservatives! As someone who is quite conscious of the ingredients that are in shop bought cereals, this is a great way to get a handle on it.
I’m also a big lover of dried fruit. Cherries, raspberries, pineapple – you name it and I’ll eat it.
Urban Fruit were kind enough to send me some of their new range and I can confirm it is delicious! I added as many as possible into this granola, but of course you can omit and add in your preferred fruits, nuts and/ or seeds.
Pumpkin seeds with flaked almonds and sultanas works really well, as does desiccated coconut and mango. There are so many dreamy flavour combinations the hardest part is choosing!
Homemade Granola also makes a great gift idea. This year I’ve tried to reduce the amount I usually buy and have turned to making gifts. Making big batches means that you can easily divy it up into mason jars and decorate with tinsel, ribbons and bows!
Festive treats for the whole family.
12 x 45g servings.
Macros per serving.
246 kcals / 6g P / 34g C/ 9g F.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Line baking tray and spray with fry light.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Spray generously with fry light and ensure fully coated.
5. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon and stevia (optional).
6. Spread evenly on baking tray and cook for 20-30 minutes or, until golden brown.
7. Keep checking to ensure fruit doesn’t burn.
What are some of your favourite granola combos? I’d love to know! Let me know in the comments or on Instagram!
Be sure to check out some of my other Christmas recipes in the Festive Bakes section!
Happy eating and Merry Christmas!