Homemade Fruit & Nut Bars.
Aaaaand, I’m back with another refrigerator recipe. I know I’ve said it before, but these seem to be my go to at the moment. I love the ease, the lack of mess and just how long they last.
I’ve been ALL OVER THE PLACE this summer, but one thing that has remained fairly constant has been the plethora of sweet treats in my freezer. Whether it be my pecan pie bites, snickers bites or freezer fudge, I’ve not been without that’s for sure!
Another busy week ahead meant that I wanted to be able to grab and go so I thought I’d make these fruit & nut bars!
I’ve always loved figs. Dried, fresh, hot, cold – they can do no wrong in my eyes. Known for their unusual texture and taste I thought I’d use them as a topping for these bars. I also think they look beautiful when you slice them!
These squares taste quite similar to nakd bars, but better obviously because they’re homemade. If you’re not a fan of cashwes, of course feel free to omit them or swap them out for another nut or seed. The same goes for sultanas. Cranberries and/ or dark chocolate would work a treat!
Get the dEATS below!
Makes 12 squares.
- 150g Dates
- 120g Vita Coco Coconut Oil
- 40g Coco Powder
- 150g Meridian Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 50ml Vanilla Barebells Shake
- 120g Cashews
- 70g Sultanans
- 50g Desiccated Coconut
- Fresh Figs
- Blitz the dates, coconut oil, peanut butter, coco powder in a blender until it forms a paste.
- Combine the cashews, sultanas and desiccated coconut – add to the paste.
- Mix well and transfer to a lined baking tray.
- Press firmly into the tray and top with freshly sliced figs.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Slice into 12 squares.