Mini Pomegranate & Ginger Spiced Loaves.
With Christmas just weeks away, I’ve teamed up with Pom Wonderful to bring you some delicious festive recipe ideas! First up, these mini loaves. Almost too cute to eat. Almost.
Does anyone else think that anything minature looks and tastes 5x better than the full sized version? Maybe that’s because it’s totally justifiable to eat 5 in one go, they’re mini of course!
I was so pleased with how these turned out! When Pom Wonderful gave me free rein of what to bake, I’ll admit I was pretty overwhelmed but, I thought about what some of my flavours are this time of year two of which of course, are cinnamon and ginger.
The sponge has a perfect crumb but the addition of both ginger and cinnamon pack a punch! The icing gives it that sweet but bitter finish. It’s a winning combination I’m telling you!
Pomegranate seeds also remind me of little gemstones – they make any recipe look that extra bit jazzy and special.
I opted for paper loaf cases, but you can buy metal ones like these from Lakeland.
Now, lets get stuck in with the recipe!
Makes 5 mini loaves.
For The Loaf –
- 120ml POM Wonderful Pomegranate Juice
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 80g Flora Butter (Soft)
- 3 Eggs
- 100ml Milk
- 270g All Purpose Flour
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
For The Icing –
- 200g Icing Sugar
- 60g Pom Wonderful Pomegranate Seeds
- 30g Flora Butter
- 2tbsp Lemon Juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Spray and line your mini loaf cases or tin.
- Cream together the sugar, butter and eggs. The batter will be a little lumpy, this is okay!
- Add the pomegranate juice and milk – beat for 2 mins.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder & spices.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the mini loaf cases, filling them just below the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the knife comes out clean.
- Leave too cool before icing.
*This recipe was in paid partnership with Pom Wonderful and as with all paid or advertorial posts, I will always be transparent.