No-Bake Coffee, Chocolate & Peanut Butter Treats.
Coffee & Chocolate. Probably two of my favourite things so it was about time I combined the two to make a delicious concoction.
BUT. Before you read on, you must know this recipe isn’t a creation I came up with alone and it would be wrong to take all the credit for it. I actually came across this whilst doing the rounds on Instagram and owe @whensweetbecomeshealthy a big hi-five!!
She has absolutely nailed this recipe and I only changed a few elements. I really recommend you check out her page – she is extremely talented!!
Now back to the foodie details.
I loooove how coffee can add such depth and flavour to a recipe which is why I knew it would work a treat with these slices.
So, what can you expect from a slice?
A sticky but slightly crunchy base, layered with smooth PB, finished with a glossy chocolate coating. Crazy good.
The almond extract works wonders with the chocolate and gives it a marzipan-esque element which is probably my favourite part. I opted for smooth peanut butter as I wanted the flaked almonds in the base to take over, but crunchy peanut butter would also work – the more textures the merrier.
Adding the coconut cream to the chocolate was a recipe hack I found whilst searching on Pinterest. Who knew it would add such a level of silkiness!! As soon as I started stirring it in, it immediately started to thicken. GBBO here I come!
They are almost totally raw, (except the coffee) free from gluten, soy and refined sugar. I actually used a tupperware when preparing these (#mealpreplife) but a loaf tin would work too.
As with a lot of no-bake recipes, the worst bit is waiting for them to set. I’ve found that popping them in the freezer really speeds up the process. I love the decorating aspect so the quicker I can get to that bit the better!
I took the tupperware to work and shared with co-workers because I knew I’d end up eating them all! These really are a delicious treat worth sharing.
Makes 9 slices.
- 100g Pitted Dates
- 30g Free Soul Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder
- 30g Flaked Almonds
- 1 tbsp Espresso Powder
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 tsp Cacao Powder (hot chocolate powder works too!)
- 20g Coconut Oil
- 50g Pure Heavenly Dark Chocolate
- 1 tbsp Espresso Powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar Free Syrup
- 2 tbsp Coconut Milk (Light Canned)
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 15 minutes or until soft. until soft, drain and add to blender.
- Add protein powder, flaked almonds, coffee, almond extract, cacao powder and coconut oil.
- Blitz until combined.
- Press firmly into a lined container and pop in the freezer.
- Mix the peanut butter, syrup, desiccated coconut and flour until smooth.
- Pour over base and return to the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate, then stir in coffee, syrup and coconut cream. Stir until it starts to thicken.
- Pour over and freeze until firm.
- Slice into 9 equal sized bites, drizzle with tahini and cacao nibs.