POLKA DOT PROTEIN COOKIES.
Say hello to my healthy homemade Polka Dot Protein Cookies! They are just 105 calories each and contain 6 grams of protein. Eat two cookies and well, you are up to 12 grams. Who said hitting your protein goal had to be just via chicken breasts?
These cookies are sweet enough for dessert but wholesome enough to qualify as a a very acceptable post-workout snack!
This week, we welcomed the wonderful return of The Great British Bake Off and the first week saw contestants make biscuits! Ever since, I haven’t stopped thinking about biscuits and cookies. So, I decided to put the oven on, and get baking! 10 minutes later, I had a plate of deliciousness ready to be devoured.
It’s no secret that I have a HUGE sweet tooth and love being creative in the kitchen. I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again, it would be boring and pretty much impossible to completely omit all sweet treats. However, I’m also familiar with the feelings of guilt that can creep in. So by offering healthier ways and recipes to satisfy those cravings, I hope that I can help lessen the burdening feelings that might appear. I want you to feel good whilst treating yourself!
So without further ado, here are the all important ingredients and instructions!
Makes 12 cookies.
- 85g Coconut flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp Honey
- 40g Brown rice flour
- 85g Free Soul Vanilla Whey Protein powder
- 30g Vitacoco Coconut oil
- 75ml Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 Tube of Smarties
- Sprinkles for decoration
Macros per cookie.
105 kcal / 6g P / 12g C / 3g F
- Using a Nutri-Bullet, mix all of the ingredients excluding the smarties, until you get a soft dough.
- Taste the dough to make sure it is sweet enough for you, if you have a sweet tooth like me, you might want to add extra honey or Stevia!
- Add the smarties and mix until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- On a lined baking tray, roll the mixture into 12 equal shaped balls then flatten.
- Bake in the oven at 160 degrees for 8-10 minutes or, until the top is slightly golden.
- Remove them from the oven before they are fully golden brown so that the middle stays nice and soft.
- Decorate with sprinkles (optional).