Vanilla Protein Reindeer Shortbread.
The wait is over. We’re just over a week out from the big day. It’s time to turn up Michael Bublé album and digest foods that are either packed with sultanas, cinnamon or chocolate. Christmas is well and truly here!!
When I was little, I was obsessed with Reindeers. Every year I’d convince myself I could hear them on the roof or see Rudolf’s red nose glowing in the sky. So this year, I thought I’d re-create that memory in true foodie fashion. So today I bring you, Reindeer Shortbread!
Super simple to make and super tasty, these will definitely be a hit with the family this year. Perfect with a cuppa and a Christmas movie!
Makes 8 biscuits.
Macros per reindeer.
135 kcals / 6g P / 4g C / 11g F
1. Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Put all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl & combine.
3. Add in the coconut oil, egg, milk and honey.
4. Mix until you have formed a dough.
5. Sprinkle extra almond flour onto clean surface, roll out the dough using a rolling pin.
6. Aim for 1cm thick.
7. Use cookie cutters to cut out and place on a lined baking tray.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Wait until cooled before decorating.
I really hope you’re enjoying these festive recipes as much as I’m loving baking (and eating!) them! It’s been so great to find my baking mojo again.
Have you tried any yet? If so, please do let me know. I love hearing from you all!