Comforting Sausage Bake.
As the nights draw closer and the temperatures start to drop, the desire for comfort foods start making an appearance. Cold nights and warm dishes are my idea of pure A/W heaven.
Treat yourself, your friends and your family to this delicious feel good foodie recipe today. Comfort food doesn’t have to be unhealthy, and that’s what this dish proves.
Coming in at less than 400 kcals, it’s an ideal mid-week dinner that won’t break the macro bank!
- 8 Lean Sausages (Muscle food)
- 1 Tin Cannellini beans
- 4 Slices of bread
- 1 Punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Red onion
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 4-5 sprays of low-cal spray (I used fry light)
- Salt and pepper to taste/ season
Macros per serving.
364 kcal / 27g P / 34g C / 11g F
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, dice the red onion, finely grate the garlic cloves and place into an oven proof dish.
- Tear the bread into bite-sized chunks, pour in the drained cannellini beans and add sausages.
- Spray with frylight, add a splash of water then season with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or, until everything is golden brown.
Give this delicious and nutritious savoury recipe a go and if you do make any of the other recipes featured, tag me on Instagram. And if you’re looking for something sweet, be sure to check out some of my dessert ideas!
If you do make any of the recipes, be sure to tag me on Instagram. I’d love to be able to see some of my homemade bakes appear elsewhere!