ONE PAN SAUSAGE, EGG & POTATO HASH.
There is something really satisfying about putting a handful of ingredients into one pan and leaving them to meld into something that is full of flavour, and that’s exactly what this one-pan recipe does.
Create the ultimate comfort dish with this super tasty, speedy one-pan sausage, egg and potato hash! Not only is it super tasty, its a real time saver, requires practically no washing up and is also a great family meal idea. It uses up a few cupboard staples and costs about £2.20 per serving!
- 12 Chipolata sausages (Muscle food)
- 800g Baby Potatoes (diced)
- 1 Bunch spring onions
- 200g button mushrooms – sliced
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cabbage – sliced
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Tumeric
- ½ tsp Chilli flakes (optional)
- 4-5 sprays of low-cal spray (we use fry light)
- Salt and pepper to taste/ season
Macros per serving.
444 kcal/ 34g P/ 54g C/ 8g F/ 12g Fibre
- Heat a large frying pan on a low-to-medium heat, cover with low cal spray.
- Carefully slice the chipolata sausages into chunks, add to the pan and cook on a low-heat until brown.
- Par-boil the diced baby potatoes for around 8 minutes or until soft.
- Once sausages are brown, and potatoes are cooked, add to the pan with spring onions and mushrooms.
- Cook until onions and mushrooms are soft.
- Stir in the spices and continue to fry for a further 2 minutes, adding water if it starts to stick.
- Meanwhile, bring another pan of water to the boil, add the shredded cabbage and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pat dry once cooked then add to the frying pan.
- Make 4 depressions into the mixture; carefully crack the eggs into these.
- Season with salt and pepper, and cook over a low heat for around 12 minutes, or, until the whites are set.
- Finish with a scattering of parsley adding any extra seasoning if necessary.
Give this delicious and nutritious one-pan recipe a go and if you do make any of the other recipes featured, tag me on Instagram. I’d love to be able to see some of my homemade creations appear elsewhere!