The Perfect [Vegan] Valentines Biscuit.
Jammie Dodgers are a childhood favourite of mine. They’d be my go-to after school treat especially if I was able to dunk them in my dad’s tea! Apparently, shop bought Jammie Dodgers are vegan, but I was skeptical so I decided to make my own.
Plus, homemade biscuist are SO much better and with Valentines Day around the corner, I thought they’d be a very fitting gesture to gift my loved ones.
The jam centre has a slight tartness that balances out the sweet biscuit. Now, I’m a big lover of all things sweet, but anything too sickly does put me off and means that you can’t enjoy as many! Luckily, these were just right.
4 ingredients, 8 steps, 10 minutes and you’re laughing!
Disclaimer: I did use shop bought jam (sorry) but if you’ve got the time, homemade Raspberry Chia Jam would be divine sandwiched in the middle of these buttery biscuits!
Makes 14 biscuits.
- 120g Vegan Butter (I used Vitalife Dairy Free Spread)
- 55g Caster Sugar
- 180g Plain Flour
- Raspberry Jam (I used sugar free)
1. Cream butter & sugar in a bowl.
2. Add in flour, continue to mix until you have a dough.
3. Wrap in clingfilm, chill in the fridge for 20 mins.
4. Roll out dough & cut using cutters.
5. Use a smaller cutter to make smaller hearts on half of the cookies.
6. Transfer to baking sheet, cook for 8-10 mins.
7. Leave to cool, then fill with jam.
I hope you enjoy these super simple biscuits, and if you’re in the mood for baking, why not try these Protein Polka Dot Cookies!