Avocado Pesto Spaghetti Courgetti.
Pesto pasta is up there with one of my favourite meals when I want something quick, warm and comforting. It’s the perfect 10 minute meal that ticks all the boxes. My homemade avocado pesto promises to beat any shop bought pesto – all you need is a food processor and 4 easily accessible ingredients.
This vegan recipe caters for all foodie lovers out there and why not make it gluten free by using GF pasta or spaghetti! Serve on a bed of spinach and sprinkle with chopped roasted hazelnuts. My pimped pesto pasta is a winning supper I can guarantee will impress almost everyone!
- 1 Ripe avocado, pitted & peeled
- 1 Cup fresh basil leaves
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt & black pepper (to taste)
- 90g Spaghetti (dried weight)
- 2 Courgettes (spiralised)
- 1 Green pepper (finely sliced)
- 10g Chopped roasted hazelnuts
Macros per serving.
492 kcal/ 16g P/ 56g C/ 21g F
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions, drain and set to one side.
- In a food processor or Nutri-Bullet, combine your avocado, basil leaves, garlic, lime juice and seasoning.
- Pulse a couple times to break down the mixture, but do not over process. (I prefer to keep my avo pesto quite chunky and rustic).
- In a frying pan, add the spiralised courgetti and sliced green peppers .
- Cook until the peppers are soft and the courgetti starts to go golden brown.
- Combine the courgetti and spaghetti.
- Stir in the avocado pesto and garnish with hazelnuts.
- Serve on a bed of spinach, adding any additional seasoning if needed.
Give this delicious and nutritious recipe a go, and if you do make any of the other recipes featured, post and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to be able to see some of my homemade creations appear elsewhere!